Priorities, priorities... Out of all the hopes, dreams, goals, statement of purpose, mapping, etc., what are my urgent and not-so-urgent priorities? What needs to be done ASAP and what can wait a few months or more? I'll list them out in relation to my goals for this first year that I outlined a couple of days ago.
- Get the community garden approved, implemented, up and running. I really want all of this to happen this year, but even if we just get all of the infrastructure in place with beds ready to plant next spring, that would still be a success in my mind.
- On that note, start some seeds. Nothing says I have faith in this project than starting a bunch of seeds that will need a home, right?
- Build the chicken coop so that my girls have somewhere to live, and I'm sure having it already established will help with getting approval.
- Attend the beekeepers association meeting that I am hoping to get to. I really want to, but bees aren't in my immediate future anyway so if I can't do it in the next little while, that's ok.
- Get cracking in the kitchen with increased preserves. I really hope to ramp up my preserving this year, but that won't be until the summer/fall anyway.
I'd say those are enough priorities for now, I could get a little carried away if I let myself!